Loctite® Power Grab® Express Tub Surround Construction Adhesive
Stronger, Faster, Instant Grab
Avoid skin contact. Wash hands after use.
Tools Typically Required: Utility knife, caulking gun.
Preparation: The temperature of the product, the surfaces and the working area must be above 50°F (10°C). For best performance, apply adhesive at 70°F (21°C). Remove all paint, wallpaper, glossy finish or any loose material from area to be bonded. Wipe back of tub surround with rubbing alcohol. Pre-fit materials according to tub surround manufacture guide.
1. Cut tip and apply small beads (3/16'') in an S shaped pattern to all flat panel surfaces that will contact the wall. Maximum 2'' gap between beads.
2. Apply a perimeter bead (3/16'') to the panel back within 1'' of the edge. Leave a 2'' break in this bead every 12 inches.
3. Press panel firmly to the wall within 10 minutes of application. Apply strong pressure to all areas that contain adhesive. Support edges with painter's tape if necessary.
4. Reapply strong pressure to all adhesively bonded areas after 20 minutes to ensure good bonding.
5. Allow to set for 16 to 24 hours then caulk perimeter edges with Loctite 2in1 Tub & Tile sealant. Applications over ceramic tile may require up to 7 days dry time.
6. 4 cartridges complete most projects. Eight cartridges required for large, flat tub surrounds.
Clean tools and uncured adhesive residue immediately with warm water and soap. Cured adhesive may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.