Available Sizes: 10.25 oz.
Color When Dry: Black
Where to Buy
Loctite® Extend Rust Neutralizer Spray
Aerosol Rust Converter
Loctite® Extend Rust Neutralizer is a fast drying, milky white latex rust converter coating that is applied to rusted metal to stop rust, protect the surface & act as a primer for the finish coat. It converts rust to a neutral surface ready to paint over.
Other Recommended Product Solutions
- Converting rust on metal surfaces such as iron & steel into a black neutral surfaces prior to painting over rust
- Use on iron railings, barbeque grills, pipes, valves, storage tanks, duct work, automobiles, patio furniture, tools, antiques, mailboxes, lawn mowers, bicycles and lamp posts
Not Recommended For
- Sanding of neutralized surface after coating has turned black; this breaks the barrier and will cause future rust
- Use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems
- Application in direct sunlight; if temperature is too hot, film may surface dry and bubble
- Wet steel surfaces but may be damp (i.e. continuous visible film of water)
- Painting over treated areas with zinc or copper based paints or primers
- Applications in conditions of condensing humidity (i.e. fog, dew), on ice, in rain or in heavy sea (salt) spray atmospheres
- Application on top of a latex paint as a top coat; an oil-based primer should be used first.