- Carefully find all the pieces, including small pieces that are needed to fill the gaps.
- Using masking tape on the bottom side, recreate the plate without gluing. Dry-fitting is the best way to determine that you have all the important pieces and that they are lined up properly.
- Carefully disassemble the pieces and lay in the same position in which they will be glued.
- Use a high tack adhesive like Loctite Stik 'n Seal Extreme for assembly. This adhesive helps hold the pieces together yet allows repositioning to aid in alignment.
- Working from the middle, apply a light coat of adhesive to both surfaces of the pieces you are working on, wait 1 minute until tacky, and assemble. Leave any glue that oozes out on the plate and let it harden. It will be removed once the plate is dry by cutting with a sharp knife.
- If necessary, support glued pieces from the back with masking tape.
- Once adhesive is fully cured (24 hours), cut off excess adhesive with a razor blade or sharp knife and remove masking tape from back.
Loctite Stik 'n Seal Extreme is a premium crystal clear adhesive with high initial tack and a quick dry time. It is dishwasher safe once cured and resists yellowing from UV rays.