- Retrieve the broken corner. Clean it and the mating surface using a wire brush.
- Spread a heavy layer of Loctite Metal And Concrete Epoxy on the surfaces to be joined and press the broken piece into position, leaning a heavy block against the repair until the epoxy sets. Leave undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Surface holes:
- Remove all dust and debris and rinse the surface with water.
- Fill hole with Loctite Metal And Concrete Epoxy and feather the epoxy so that it is flush with both the top and side surfaces of the repaired area. Wait 24 hours before subjecting to traffic.
- If you don’t have the broken piece, you can create a new corner edge by creating a form that duplicates the missing piece. Use heavy cardboard as forming material. Tape wax paper to the form to insure easy removal from the epoxy.
- Press the form against the riser of the damaged step, and brace it in position with heavy blocks or duct tape, ensuring that the top of the form is flush with the tip of the step tread.
- Once the form is securely in place, fill the gap with Loctite Metal And Concrete Epoxy to the level of the top surface of the step. Allow it to set for 2 hours, and remove the form.
LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT CRAFT & DIY PROJECT?
Explore further projects, get advice and inspiration by digging into our Fix stuff section for complex and simple repairs.