DIY Medicine Cabinet to Upgrade Your Bathroom
Stefani (@homewithstefani) had almost finished a full bathroom makeover that included everything from installing a new toilet to DIYing a light fixture. The only thing left to do was refresh her outdated medicine cabinet, which had a mirror that was way too small for the space.
She wanted to create a beautiful medicine cabinet covered by a more modern mirror to complete her new bathroom. This fairly involved project was worth every ounce of time and effort. Just look at the before and after at the end of her video! And thanks to the power of Loctite® adhesive, this modern cabinet will stay sturdy for years to come
To create your own medicine cabinet and mirror refresh, follow the directions below.
What You’ll Need:
- ¾” plywood (scrap wood works great)
- Measuring tape
- 1x4 lumber, enough to border your medicine cabinet plus extra if you create shelves
- 1x2 lumber, enough to border your medicine cabinet
- Hinges and hinge installation materials
- Loctite® Power Grab® Ultimate Crystal Clear
- Wood screws
11. Attach hinges to your mirror. This step can be tricky! For best results, we recommend starting Stefani’s video, above, at 8:19 and following her lead. If you used adhesive to secure your hinges, like Stefani, let it cure and return to your cabinet.
15. Have a partner hold the mirror up to the cabinet, placing the hinges where you intend to screw them down. Use a level to ensure your work is straight, then attach the mirror’s hinges to the wooden cabinet with extra long wood screws. Stefani used screws so long they went into the studs in her wall for extra security.
If the mirror is not closing properly, feel free to add a magnetic catch and stripe plate for extra security.
And with that, your DIY is done! Sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done. Stefani’s before and after was like night and day. How did your project turn out?