Tired of combing the web for unique DIY Christmas craft ideas? Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle, we’ve got the guide for you! Give those old ornaments a facelift with our guide on 3 ways to decorate ball ornaments. Don’t be a grinch this year, have fun and make it a DIY Christmas!
Make it a handicrafts Christmas!
Christmas craft idea: Old ornaments, new look!
Looking for a fun way to update your tree this year? Give those old ball ornaments a new look! DIY Christmas ornaments are a fun and affordable way to update your decorations for the holiday season. We’ve got 3 ideas for decorating ball ornaments that will spruce up your tree!
How to make DIY Christmas ornaments: What you need to get started
Giving old ball ornaments a makeover is simple, and only requires a few materials. Here are some ideas for what you can use to add a special touch to plain ball ornaments. Here’s what you need.
- Ball ornaments
- Optional decorations:
- craft jewels
- fake snow
- other festive trim
What glue should I use?
- For plastic ball ornaments: We recommend Loctite Precision Pen for drawing precise lines and dots.
- For glass ball ornaments: Reach for Loctite Extreme Glue – No Drip Gel. This specially formulated glass glue is particularly good at bonding non-porous surfaces. For gluing little details like glitter or craft jewels to glass ornaments, this is the best glue for the job.
- For full coverage on both glass and plastic ornaments: Loctite Spray Adhesive Multi-Purpose is the right choice.
How to make DIY Christmas ball ornaments: 3 ideas
Once you’ve gathered all your materials, turn on your favorite holiday music and let the fun begin!
Here’s how to make a glitter ball ornament.
- Hold the ornament firmly, and place Loctite Extreme Glue – No Drip Gel applicator directly on the glass.
- Squeezing the bottle slowly, make designs with the glue (e.g. polka dots or squiggly lines).
- Sprinkle glitter over the design, let it set for a couple minutes, and lightly shake off any excess.
- Rotate the bulb and repeat the process on the other side.
Here’s how to make a snow kissed ornament.
- Working in a well-ventilated area, spray Loctite Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive evenly over the surface of the ornament. Work in sections if necessary.
- Roll the ornament in a bowl of fake snow to make it adhere to the surface.
- Gently shake the ornament to release any extra snow. Set aside to dry.
Here’s how to make a ribbon wrapped ornament.
- Pre-measure and cut strips of holiday ribbon to size. You can wrap ribbon vertically and horizontally around the ornament.
- Apply glue: For extra pinpoint accuracy in a pen form, try Loctite Precision Pen.
- Fix ribbon to the ornament.
- Add additional trim like craft gems, bows, or bells. Set aside to dry.