How to get glue out of hair
Super glue is the most popular form of glue today due to its powerful formula and fast drying time. While this certainly helps your projects, it can lead to a bit of an unintended mess by sticking to your skin, clothes, and worst—your hair!
If you do get some glue stuck in your hair, don’t panic. Here are some options on how to remove glue from hair:
- Soak a cotton ball in acetone, or acetone-based nail polish remover, then hold it onto the affected area.
- After a few minutes, it should break the glue bonds and allow you to comb through your strands.
- Wash with traditional shampoo and conditioner.
If you don’t have any acetone in the house, try some of the following alternatives:
- Soak your strands in oil! This option can take up to an hour, but it’s easy, safe, and eco-friendly.
- For minimal amounts of super glue, simply try to comb through your hair.
Before you get the scissors out, try one or all the above options. You’ll find it’s quick, simple and saves your luscious locks from the chopping block!