Is polycarbonate glue something you actually need in your house? You may be surprised just how many household items are made from polycarbonate, which means this type of glue can often come in handy. Read here to find out what it can do for you!
Polycarbonate glue is a handy item you will definitely find a use for once placed in your toolbox. Because polycarbonate is used in so many different items in the home and office, simple breaks and cracks can be repaired quickly and easily using this adhesive. It’ll save you money since you will be able to do these repairs rather than constantly replace broken items. Products made from polycarbonate include eyewear, safety gear, and lighting fixtures.
Besides, polycarbonate glue has countless applications in the car, your luggage, and even on your computers and phones!
Did you know that polycarbonate is used when making bullet-resistant glass?
Polycarbonate glue, which is also called polycarbonate cement or polycarbonate epoxy, can be used on any material that is made up of polycarbonate. This won’t be the bonding agent you reach for when fixing wooden furniture or glass!
It is designed to bond well to all polycarbonates and offers incredible strength. Before using any type of polycarbonate glue, it’s important to know what the item in need of repair is made from. Using this glue on the wrong type of material may result in damage or poor repairs.
Here are a few tips to make sure your DIY project goes smoothly. This type of bonding agent is designed to dry quickly, so you want to work accordingly.
As for some basic tips and tricks, these can help:
- Work on a clean, dry, and flat surface.
- Make sure all items you need are within reach.
- Ensure kids and pets aren’t nearby, you don’t want any polycarbonate glue ending up on them.
- Wear gloves to protect your skin.
- Ensure your workspace is well-lit, which is especially important for small and precise repairs.
- Read the instructions on the back of the glue package thoroughly before starting.
- Check whether you need clamps to hold your items in place while they dry.
- Look for a product that dries transparent, so it won't be evident.
Loctite features a number of products that will act as polycarbonate glue, such as Loctite Super Glue Liquid Professional, featuring a super-fast hold. Use this on non-porous and porous surfaces, even heavy-duty projects. Plus, it will dry transparent and with no clamping necessary.
Loctite Super Glue Ultra Liquid Control is also a great choice for your plastic repairs. With its easy to use side-squeeze design, it works faster and holds stronger on more surfaces than ordinary instant adhesives, all while being dishwasher safe!