- Lay out several sheets of newspaper to protect the floor under the lockset.
- Remove one of the two screws that connect the front and back of the knob/handle with a screw driver.
- Open Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 and apply one drop on the threads of the removed screw. Roll the screw so the Loctite Threadlocker adhesive is coated around the threads.
- Using a screwdriver replace the first screw.
- Repeat steps 2-5 with the second screw.
- Your lockset is tightened. Repeat for the other locksets in your house.
- Your lockset, nuts and bolts will still be removable with hand tools should you need to replace.
- The most common use of Loctite Threadlocker 242 is in automobiles and machinery. It can also be used around the house to prevent life’s little frustrations.
LOOKING FOR HOW TO’s AND INSPIRATIONAL IDEAS?
Explore further projects, find advice and tips and tricks within our Build articles section.