- Measure the wall so you know the amount of molding to purchase.
- Trim the end of the first piece of crown molding or wall trim with a miter saw. Set the saw table at a 45-degree angle. If you are cutting crown molding, set both the saw blade and saw table to a 45-degree angle. Cut the end of the molding at a 45-degree angle. The direction of the angle will depend on which corner you start from. Outside corners and inside corners should be trimmed in opposite directions.
- Apply Loctite Power Grab Molding & Paneling Adhesive to the back of the molding, keeping at least 1/2" from the edge. Place the trimmed end of the crown molding on the wall next to the corner. The adhesive will keep the molding or trim in place while you tack it in place. Note the Instant Grab™ formula requires less nails to secure the molding, making for a neater appearance.
- Measure the wall space for the next piece of molding. Transfer the measurement to the molding or trim with a pencil. Use the compound miter saw to cut the second piece. Butt the molding against the first piece of molding. Apply Loctite Power Grab Molding & Paneling Adhesive and tack with nails. Repeat with all of the crown molding or wall trim until the molding is installed.
- Fill any nail holes with wood putty and allow the putty to dry completely.
Loctite Power Grab is GREENGUARD® Certified so you never have to worry about indoor air quality. This makes Loctite Power Grab ideal for use in office buildings, hotels and motels, apartment complexes and schools.
LOOKING FOR HOW TO’s AND INSPIRATIONAL IDEAS?
Explore further projects, find advice and tips and tricks within our Build articles section.