Stumped on what to do for Mother’s Day? We’ve got a great Mother’s Day craft idea to plant in your mind. We’ll show you how easy it is to create a heartfelt decoupaged flowerpot Mom will love.
Mother’s Day gift craft: Decoupage ideas
Decoupage is a unique way to create something special this Mother’s Day. There’s no end to the objects and paper materials you can use for this craft. Here are some items perfect for decoupaging.
- Planter pots
- Picture frames
- Baskets & boxes
- Wooden serving trays
- Mirror frames
Decoupage flowerpot: Supplies for making this simple Mother’s Day gift craft
You only need a few basic materials to make this adorable do it yourself Mother’s Day craft. Here’s what you need to get started…
- 1 flower pot
- Paint brush
- Liquid glue
- Small container for mixing liquid glue
- Cotton swabs
- Paper of choice – colored tissue paper, magazines, wrapping paper, maps, paper printed pictures, old greeting cards, wallpaper, or fabric.
- A pack of Mom’s favorite flower seeds
- Bag of gardening dirt like a rustic old potato sack or canvas bag (the bag needs to fit the pot size)
- Optional extras: small watering can, garden figurines, small shovel
DIY flowerpot: How to create this easy to do Mother’s Day craft
Here’s how to complete this Mother’s Day gift craft…
- Cut or tear paper into strips.
- Brush a layer of glue onto the paper or pot.
- Place the paper on the pot and smooth with your finger.
- Repeat the process, overlapping the paper, until the outside of the pot is covered.
- Remove excess adhesive with a cotton swab.
- Cover the pot with a layer of glue mixture and paint brush.
- Leave the pot to fully dry before using.
For spray adhesive, spray a section of the pot and attach the paper in the same manner as above. Finish by spraying a layer of adhesive over the pot.