Before you throw it away, think again! Toilet paper roll crafts are a great way to recycle old toilet paper rolls. Read on to find out how to make toilet paper roll crafts like gift boxes, confetti poppers and holiday animals.
Animal toilet paper roll crafts: Fun for the entire family!
There’s so much you can do with a cardboard tube. Toilet paper roll animals are just one example. All it takes is glue, colored paper, markers, scissors and googly eyes to transform an old T.P. roll into a lion, monkey, or any animal. Toilet paper roll crafts for Easter are especially fun. Create animal Easter egg holders by cutting the roll in half and decorating each half as a cute easter bunny.
But toilet paper crafts aren’t just for kids – adults can also have fun making original gift boxes or even party poppers. Read on for some creative ideas on toilet paper roll crafts for adults.
How to make toilet paper roll crafts: Gift boxes and confetti poppers
Want to create something unique for an upcoming event or celebration? Here are some ideas for quick and easy toilet paper roll crafts for adults.
DIY gift boxes
Toilet paper rolls can be transformed into unique little gift boxes for stocking fillers or party bags. Here’s how:
- Prepare the paper. Use wrapping paper or any other bright, decorative paper. Cut out a section that’s wide enough to cover the roll three times, and make sure it overlaps the top and bottom ends of the roll by one inch on each side.
- Glue the paper to the roll. Apply a thin line of transparent glue to the paper using Loctite Super Glue Pen. Carefully wrap it around the entire outer surface of the roll. Then add a couple of dots of glue to the overlapping paper at the ends of the roll. Tuck these flaps of paper inside the roll.
- Fold the ends of the roll. Press your finger against the outside of the end of each roll (on both sides) until you’ve created a crease.
- Pop the present inside. Sweets, jewelry or toys are perfect for these small gift boxes.
- Close the gift box with a ribbon. Tie a colorful ribbon around each side of the box to make a bow.
DIY confetti poppers
Start your party with a bang! These quirky party poppers are fun toilet paper roll crafts for Christmas, New Year’s, or any other event.
- Attach the knotted end of a balloon to a toilet paper roll. First, tie a knot at the end of a deflated balloon and cut off the top end. Pull the top end of the balloon over the roll, stretching it tightly. Secure it with a strip of tape.
- Decorate the tube. Use Loctite Super Glue Liquid to secure wrapping paper and other decorative ornaments to your DIY party poppers.
- Fill the tube with confetti. The tube doesn’t need to be completely full of confetti, but make sure it reaches the halfway point at least.
Repeat the process to make multiple party poppers. If you’re not using them immediately, cover the end of the tube with some foil or cling film to prevent the confetti from falling out. To use the party popper, simply pull and quickly release the knotted end of the balloon, and watch it pop!
Make it green! We recommend using eco-friendly, bio-degradable confetti, which you can buy or make yourself, using a hole punch and leaves.